Free tips Darts Betting: 2020 World Championship Darts Bets – First Round Matches Tips
The PDC World Darts Championship starts on Friday night with four matches.
Three are first round games and one is a second round contest (all are a ‘Best of 5 Sets’ format) which features the outright competition favourite, Michael van Gerwen (top-priced 5/4 at Betfair). Check out our 1st round 2020 World Championship Darts Bets below…
2020 World Championship Darts Bets / Preview
This best of 5-set format continues throughout the week. Not until next Friday (2oth December) will all sessions feature four second round games although we will be into the third round quickly enough.
Here’s how this weekend’s action is set scheduled unfold:
Friday December 13 (7pm start)
- Jelle Klaasen v Kevin Burness (first round)
- Kim Huybrechts v Geert Nentjes (first round)
- Luke Humphries v Devon Petersen (first round)
- Michael van Gerwen v Klaasen or Burness (second round)
Saturday December 14 (12.30pm start)
- Darius Labanauskas v Matthew Edgar (first round)
- Ryan Meikle v Yuki Yamada (first round)
- Luke Woodhouse v Paul Lim (first round) (TIP BELOW)
- Jermaine Wattimena v Humphries or Petersen (second round)
Saturday December 14 (7pm start)
- Mark McGeeney v Matt Campbell (first round)
- Jamie Hughes v Zoran Lerchbacher (first round)
- Raymond van Barneveld v Darin Young (first round) (TIP BELOW)
- Rob Cross v Huybrechts or Nentjes (second round)
Sunday December 15 (12.30pm start)
- Kyle Anderson v Xiaochen Zong (first round)
- Ross Smith v Ciaran Teehan (first round)
- Brendan Dolan v Nitin Kumar (first round)
- Ian White v Labanauskas or Edgar (second round)
Sunday December 15 (7pm start)
- Arron Monk v Jose Justicia (first round)
- Andy Boulton v Danny Baggish (first round)
- James Richardson v Mikuru Suzuki (first round)
- Michael Smith v Woodhouse or Lim (second round)
Monday December 16 (7pm start)
- Steve Lennon v Callan Rydz (first round) (TIP BELOW)
- William O’Connor v Marko Kantele (first round)
- Vincent van der Voort v Keane Barry (first round)
- Gary Anderson v Dolan or Kumar (second round)
2020 World Championship Darts Bets – Our Fancies
Paul Lim may be 65 but he is still winning tournaments – albeit on the Asian Tour – and he should prove way too strong for Luke Woodhouse who is making his World Championship debut. There’s nothing between them in the betting but as Woodhouse has been eliminated at the ‘final 128’ stage of recent Players Championship Darts he might just find the occasion overwhelming.
Half of last year’s 32 first round matches were won by a 3-0 score-line and that whitewash scenario is how I’m predicting the Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young match to finish on Saturday night. Young in 9-from-9 when it comes to first round eliminations here and despite RVB’s career drawing to and end on a sharp downward spiral, he should be way to classy for his American rival here.
Other 2020 World Championship Darts Bets
On Monday Irishman Steve Lennon faces Newcastle’s Callan Rydz and we believe the 21-year-old can cause the upset. The Geordie booked his place in the World’s by finishing at the top of the 2019 Challenge Tour Order of Merit and he has had an exceptional year – qualifying for the UK Open, winning his first PDC title, making a run to the quarter finals of a Players Championship event (where he defeated Stephen Bunting, Chris Dobey, Brendan Dolan and Steve Beaton) amongst other highlights.
But as a debutant on the biggest stage any darts player can stand on Rydz would be forgiven for stuttering, so we are heading to the handicap market where Betway Sports are offering 4/6 (1.67) about the up-and-comer with a +1.5 set start.
2020 World Championship Darts Bets – 1st Round Picks
- Paul Lim to beat Luke Woodhouse (2.45pm Saturday) at 11/10 bet365*
- Raymond van Barneveld to beat Darin Young 3-0 (9.15pm, Saturday) at 6/4 Betway
- Callan Rydz (+1.5 sets) to beat Steve Lennon (7.15pm, Monday) at 4/6 at Betway
* World Darts betting odds correct at time of writing
Image credit – Laurence Lustig / PDC