Free tips Scotland’s World Cup Ambitions Face a Severe Test in Austria (7.45pm, Tuesday)
Austria meet Scotland in a crucial World Cup 2022 Group F qualifier at the Ernst Happel Stadion on Tuesday night. Read on for a big match preview, betting odds and Austria v Scotland predictions…
Austria v Scotland Preview
Scotland moved one point above the Austrians after a unimpressive 1-0 win at home to Moldova on Saturday, courtesy of an early and solitary Lyndon Dykes goal.
Meanwhile, Austria were on the end of a hugely disappointing 5-2 drubbing away to Israel, having gone 3-0 down in barely 30-minutes.
Denmark already looks nigh on certain to secure top spot and automatic qualification for the World Cup finals, with Israel currently second in the group, two points clear of Scotland. The importance of this game for both teams cannot be overstated.
Austria v Scotland Odds
In the Match Result & Both Teams to Score (BTTS) market, ‘Austria & Yes’ is on offer at 10/3 with William Hill.
- The reverse fixture at Hampden Park in March ended as a 2-2 draw, with Scotland twice recovering from a goal down
- Scotland have only lost one of their last eight meetings with Austria
🗣️ ‘It’s a must-not-lose game, rather than must-win.’
Callum McGregor on Scotland’s World Cup qualifier against Austria… pic.twitter.com/wWVYuTva4l
— BBC Sport Scotland (@BBCSportScot) September 6, 2021
More Austria v Scotland Odds Picks
- In Match Result & Total Goals (Over/Under) betting, ‘Austria & Over 2.5’ is 11/5 with bet365*
- In the Total Goals Exact market, you can back 2-3 at 20/21 with bet365*
- A 2-1 Correct Score bet on an Austrian victory is a 15/2 chance with William Hill
- Marko Arnautovic is 8/5 with bet365* in Anytime Goalscorer betting
Austria v Scotland Predictions:
Match Result & Total Goals (Over/Under) – Austria & Over 2.5 @ 11/5 with bet365*
* Austria v Scotland odds correct at the time of writing. All betting odds subject to changes.