Free tips Novak Djokovic Could Have a Games Handicap Edge over Matteo Berrettini in Wimbledon Final (Sunday, 2PM)
World No. 1 and defending champion Novak Djokovic faces the Italian no. 7 seed Matteo Berrettini in the Wimbledon 2021 Men’s Singles Final on Centre Court at 2:00 pm on Sunday.
Djokovic v Berrettini Prediction:
Games Handicap – Novak Djokovic -4.5 @ 10/11 with BoyleSports
Men’s Final Betting Preview
A win for the 34-year-old Serb Novak Djokovic would see him go level with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal with 20 Grand Slam titles to his name.
A win here would also put Djokovic just one title away (the US Open) from securing a season Grand Slam of all four major titles, having already bagged the Australian Open and French Open in 2021.
By contrast, our 25/1 antepost Wimbledon pick Matteo Berrettini will be appearing in his first Grand Slam final and will be the first Italian to feature in the Men’s final at Wimbledon.
Matteo Berrettini is making history for 🇮🇹 pic.twitter.com/SRdkILvSzE
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) July 9, 2021
Novak Djokovic Wimbledon Stats
- Djokovic has an outstanding 33-3 Win/Loss record in 2021
- Djokovic reached the final after coming through a stern test 7-6 (7-3) 7-5 7-5 from the 22-year-old Canadian Denis Shapovalov in the last four
- Djokovic has dropped just one set at Wimbledon this year, when England’s Jack Draper took the opening set 6-4 in their first-round match
Matteo Berrettini Wimbledon Stats
- Berrettini has a very impressive 32-6 record
- Berrettini saw off Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz 6-3 6-0 6-7 (3-7) 6-4 in his semi-final. Berrettini hit 22 aces in his victory and served just one double-fault in the match
- The one dropped set against Hurkacz was only the third set that Berrettini has dropped at Wimbledon during this year’s tournament
What happened last time they met?
Djokovic and Berrettini have only faced each other twice previously, with the Serb winning on both occasions.
The last meeting was only a month ago, when they faced each other at the quarter-final stage of the French Open at Roland Garros, with Djokovic winning in four sets 6-3 6-2 6-7 (5-7) 7-5
Both players have 100% records on grass courts this year, with Djokovic winning all six matches he has played, while Berrettini has won all 11 of his matches.
Djokovic v Berrettini Odds
For those looking to back Djokovic, more attractive betting odds can be found in other markets. For example, in the Set Betting odds, Djokovic to win 3-1 can be backed at 11/4 with William Hill.
More Djokovic v Berrettini Prediction
Another option for those expecting a Djokovic victory would be the Games Handicap market, where Djokovic -4.5 is 10/11 with BoyleSports.
If the big-serving Italian is to win a set, the likelihood is that it will be the opening one, with Djokovic sometimes taking a while to hit his stride in matches. Set 1 Winner betting sees Berrettini available at odds of 12/5 with bet365*.
* Djokovic v Berrettini odds correct at time of writing. All betting odds are subject to changes.