Free tips International Friendly: Back England & Over 2.5 Goals against Austria (8pm, Weds)
England’s preparations for the Euro 2020 finals step up when they entertain Austria at the Riverside Stadium on Wednesday night. Here’s the betting odds, plus England v Austria predictions and picks…
Ready for the week ahead! 👊 pic.twitter.com/AOXAMVP0Os
— England (@England) May 31, 2021
England v Austria Predictions
Match Result & Total Goals (Over/Under) – England & Over 2.5 @ 7/5 with Betway
- England come into the game on the back of a 2-1 win at home to Poland in a World Cup qualifier
- In the past year Austria have beaten Northern Ireland home & away and drawn away to Scotland
Gareth Southgate has selected a 33-man preliminary squad for the finals, although it’s clear that he won’t be starting with any players who participated in the Champions league final against the Austrians.
In addition, there are also a number of injury concerns surrounding the likes of Jordan Henderson, Harry Maguire and Kalvin Phillips.
The Austrians come into this game on the back of a demoralising 4-0 drubbing at home to Denmark in a World Cup qualifier in March, in which they conceded all for goals in 16 second-half minutes.
What happened when England and Austria last played?
This will be the first meeting between the teams since a friendly in Vienna in 2007, when a Peter Crouch goal gave England a 1-0 victory.
England v Austria Odds
In the Match Result & Both Teams to Score (BTTS) market, ‘England & Yes’ can be backed at 13/5 with BoyleSports.
More England v Austria Predictions
- Match Result & Total Goals (Over/Under) sees England & Over 2.5 at 7/5 with Betway.
- In Total Goals Exact betting, 2-3 Goals is on offer at odds of 1/1 with bet365*.
- The Correct Score betting sees a 2-1 England win at 15/2 with BoyleSports
- Jadon Sancho is 21/10 with bet365 for Anytime Goalscorer.
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) May 31, 2021
* England v Austria odds correct at the time of writing. All betting odds subject to change.