Free tips League Two: Luton Town v Barnet predictions (3pm, Saturday)
LUTON TOWN v BARNET PREDICTIONS, BETTING TIPS & MATCH PREVIEW
Saturday 31st December, 3pm, Kenilworth Road
Luton host Barnet at Kenilworth Road in this New Year’s Eve clash which is seen to be keenly contested – with four places but only two points separating the two in-form sides in the League Two standings.
The sides have met on seven previous occasions this century, with the Hatters winning five and losing only once – although that defeat was the most recent meeting, in March earlier this year.
Both sides go into the meeting in similar form, with each collecting ten points from their last five outings although Luton lost at home to Colchester on Boxing Day while Barnet picked up an impressive victory at Cheltenham.
- Luton – 3 /4 – various
- Draw -143/50 – MarathonBet
- Barnet – 41/10 – MarathonBet
Anytime goalscorer Odds
- Danny Hylton – 8/5 – bet365, 10Bet – Luton’s top scorer with 11 this season after a summer move from Oxford.
- Cameron McGeehan – 7/4 – bet365 – the former Northern Irish youth international has been in fine goal scoring form again for the Hatters – chipping in with eight goals from midfield.
- John Akinde – 7/4 – bet365, Net Bet – the league’s top scorer with 17 goals already this season, his form makes it incredibly tempting to back him to find the net here too for Barnet.
Luton Town v Barnet betting tips
John Akinde anytime goalscorer – 7/4 – bet365, NetBet – the 27-year-old has been on fire this season and has continued to demonstrate his prowess in front of goal which has seen him net 74 goals since the start of the 2014/15 season. Having also scored in both of Barnet’s last two games – these odds are worth a serious look.
Barnet to win – 41/10 – MarathonBet – the Bees have only lost twice on the road this campaign and their away form has generally been strong, while Luton’s home form on the other hand is patchy with only four victories from eleven. Barnet have won four of their last five matches and if Akinde can continue his recent form, there is great value in them winning the clash.
Both sides have scored 31 league goals this season and are separated by only two points – this game will be tight.
However, it’s not a big away trip for Barnet who have collected more points on the road than Luton have at home, so the smart money is on the away side getting another positive result to continue their fine recent form.