Free tips American Football: NFL Futures Betting Picks & New Season Preview (Starts 10th Sept)
NFL Betting: Baltimore Ravens Looks the Best Bet for Super Bowl LV Glory
The new NFL season gets underway on Thursday 10 September, when the defending Super Bowl champions, the Kansas City Chiefs, play host to the Houston Texans. Below you will find our 2020/21 season preview along with our NFL Futures betting picks …
This season there are a few changes to the format, with the play-offs being expanded to include 14 teams. The big change there is that, unlike previously, now only the top seed in each conference (rather than the top two) will receive a bye to the Divisional Round.
Unlike in previous postseasons when there were two Wild Card teams per conference, and the conference’s top two seeds receive byes, this season will see three Wild Card teams per conference, with only the top seed in each conference receiving a bye.
NFL Futures Betting Picks:
- Super Bowl LV Outright Winners – Baltimore Ravens @ 13/2 with William Hill
- AFC Conference Outright Winners – Baltimore Ravens @ 33/10 with 888Sport
- NFC Conference Outright Winners – Seattle Seahawks @ 10/1 with bet365*
NFL 2020/21 Schedule
The Wild Card Playoff Round is scheduled to start the 2020–21 playoffs on the weekend of 9-10 January 2021, with three games on each day.
The Divisional Round games will then see the top seed in each conference playing the lowest remaining seed, with the other two remaining teams up against each other. These games are scheduled for 16-17 January.
The winners of those games will advance to the Conference Championships scheduled for 24 January to decide who will be going to Super Bowl LV.
The Chiefs are again expected to challenge for Super Bowl LV, which is scheduled to be held at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida on 07 February 2021. At present they are favourites for to retain the title at 6/1 with bet365* among others and with quarterback Patrick Mahomes on the roster, they are certainly serious contenders again.
Super Bowl LV Betting Odds
Vying for favouritism alongside the Chiefs for Super Bowl LV are their AFC Conference rivals, the Baltimore Ravens, who can be backed at 13/2 with William Hill.
The Ravens impressed hugely in the regular season during the last campaign, but then went down to a surprise loss at the hands of the Tennessee Titans in the AFC divisional round.
With NFL MVP Lamar Jackson on the roster and some solid draft picks in Patrick Queen and J.K. Dobbins, the Ravens look capable of going all the way this season.
The San Francisco 49ers came close to winning the Super Bowl last season, but eventually fell just short. The NFC champions are again expected to go well according to the NFL bookies, who have them as the leading Super Bowl contenders from the NFC at 10/1 with Betway.
The leading Super Bowl LV teams in the outright betting markets are:
- Kansas City Chiefs @ 6/1 with bet365*
- Baltimore Ravens @ 13/2 with William Hill
- San Francisco 49ers @ 10/1 with Betway
- New Orleans Saints @ 12/1 with BetVictor
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ 16/1 with BetFred
- Dallas Cowboys @ 20/1 with William Hill
- Seattle Seahawks @ 20/1 with 888Sport
- New England Patriots @ 22/1 with BetFred
- Philadelphia Eagles @ 22/1 with William Hill
- Indianapolis Colts @ 22/1 with Betway
AFC Conference Betting Odds 2021
In terms of the AFC Conference, the bookies look to have it down as pretty much a straight fight between the Chiefs and the Ravens.
The current best available odds on the AFC Conference outright are:
- Kansas City Chiefs @ 3/1 with bet365*
- Baltimore Ravens @ 33/10 with 888Sport
- New England Patriots @ 12/1 with 888Sport
- Buffalo Bills @ 14/1 with 888Sport
- Indianapolis Colts @ 14/1 with 888Sport
- Pittsburgh Steelers @ 14/1 with 888Sport
NFC Conference Betting Odds 2021
However, although the 49ers lead the way in the betting for the NFC Conference, this looks likely to be very competitive and there is a good case to be made for several other teams too. These are the current best available odds on the NFC Conference outright:
- San Francisco 49ers @ 9/2 with BoyleSports
- New Orleans Saints @ 6/1 with William Hill
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ 8/1 with BetFred
- Dallas Cowboys @ 8/1 with BetFred
- Philadelphia Eagles @ 10/1 with BetVictor
- Seattle Seahawks @ 10/1 with bet365*
* NFL betting odds correct at the time of writing