Free tips Premier League: Sunderland v Liverpool predictions (3pm, Monday)
SUNDERLAND v LIVERPOOL PREDICTIONS, BETTING TIPS & MATCH PREVIEW
Monday, 2nd January 2017, 3pm. Stadium Of Light
Sunderland will welcome Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool to the Stadium of Light and will be hoping that their improved recent home form can help steer them to a positive result.
The Mackems have won three of their last four games to give them optimism of avoiding relegation – with a slender home defeat to league leaders Chelsea the only loss – and they will have to maintain strong home form if they are to climb out of the bottom three.
Liverpool are flying high this season but will be wary having suffered shock defeats to Burnley and Bournemouth, with their main weaknesses seeming to be exposed on the road against motivated sides.
The Reds won the November tussle between the two at Anfield but they had to wait until the last fifteen minutes to edge ahead and should expect a similar showing of defensive resilience from David Moyes’ side.
Sunderland have won only one of their past fourteen meetings but the games are generally close – the last two clashes at this stadium have ended in 1-0 away wins.
- Sunderland 19/2 – MarathonBet
- Draw 9/2 – Bet Fred, Betfair
- Liverpool 4/11 – various
Anytime scorer odds
- Daniel Sturridge 24/23 – Unibet, 888Sport –he is not guaranteed of a starting place, despite the continued absence of Philippe Coutinho, but did score within a minute of coming off the bench against Stoke
- Divock Origi 21/10 – various – netted in four consecutive appearances going into December and is more likely to continue being preferred to Sturridge up front, and at better scoring odds, this bet looks tempting.
- Adam Lallana 2/1 – 32 Red – in the form of his career, netting twice at Middlesbrough and recently against Stoke, 2/1 represents good value
- Jermain Defoe 3/1 – various – scored a last minute equaliser at Anfield back in February and with eight goals in fourteen appearances this season and coming up against a Liverpool defence which can be porous, is this worth a punt?
Sunderland v Liverpool Betting tips
Under 2.5 goals 13/10 – BetVictor, MarathonBet – Only Hull have scored fewer league goals than Sunderland (16) this season but the Mackems have conceded only twice in their last four matches at home.
Jermain Defoe 3/1 – various – certain to start, main penalty taker and responsible for 50% of Sunderland’s goals – great value in this bet.
Liverpool to edge a low-scoring game, but must be wary of the in-form, sharp-shooting Defoe.