Free tips Premier League: Tottenham v Chelsea predictions (8pm, Wednesday)
TOTTENHAM v CHELSEA PREDICTIONS, BETTING TIPS & MATCH PREVIEW
Wednesday 4th January 2017, 8pm, White Hart Lane
It’s a London derby at White Hart Lane for the first heavyweight tussle of Premier League clubs in 2017 as Tottenham welcome league leaders Chelsea in what promises to be a fascinating clash.
Spurs have only defeated the London Blues only once in their past fifteen meetings but that win came on New Year’s Day 2015 – a 5-3 thriller at the Lane and they will be hoping to replicate that performance to make their biggest statement of the season to date.
Mauricio Pochettino has not lost any of his four home league games against Chelsea since taking charge at the club in 2013 and Tottenham are undefeated in North London this season with both losses coming on the road although one of those was against Chelsea in November.
Pochettino will welcome back Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen from their suspensions, while Pedro is set to return for the visitors.
- Tottenham 21/10 – MarathonBet
- Draw 12/5 – various
- Chelsea 6/4 – various
Anytime scorer odds
- Diego Costa 16/11 – Unibet, 888Sport – 13 goals in 17 matches these season as the Spanish striker has returned to his best form and much of Chelsea’s success will depend on how long he can continue in this mood.
- Harry Kane 7/4 – various – has returned from injury and is once again among the goals, scoring eight this season including in the recent win at Southampton.
- Eden Hazard 23/10 – 32Red – he’s already scored nine goals this campaign and looks to be back to his imperious form – scored a cracker in the fiery 2-2 draw last May – one of his three goals against Spurs.
- Christian Eriksen 7/2 – 32Red – the Dane opened the scoring at Stamford Bridge in November and is a constant threat from set-pieces, which the hosts will look to win around the edge of the area.
Tottenham v Chelsea Betting tips
Anytime goalscorer Eden Hazard 23/10 – 32Red – Spurs high press will leave spaces for the Belgian to exploit and his record against Spurs is excellent.
Both Teams to Score – No 67/50 – MarathonBet – the meeting at the Lane last season ended scoreless, Chelsea would settle for a point and know how to frustrate Spurs. It should be a close, low-scoring game.
A low-scoring draw seems likely despite some enthralling previous meetings and both teams would settle for such an outcome. Chelsea have been grinding out many wins recently but a draw here represents a solid result.