Free tips Reality TV Betting: Go Big on Form in Celebrity Big Brother
Celebrity Big Brother Betting Preview
Celebrity Big Brother got underway at the beginning of August and bookmakers wasted no time in pricing-up the 15 contestants that make up this year’s cast.
Celebrity Big Brother Betting Tips
This summer, in addition to contestants secret appearance fees which all celebrities receive, there is a further prize of £50,000 which will go to a charity of the winner’s choice.
If this will alter the attitude of the contestants remains to be seen but an interesting angle when trying to pin-point a winner is someone with a back-story, someone with a recent crisis or bereavement who would be desperate to do well for that cause and possibly have a breakdown when discussing it. There’s one thing the Big Brother viewership has in spades, sympathy.
Breakdowns of any kind have traditionally been a big vote winner on Celebrity Big Brother (Denise Welch being a case in point) but it is very difficult to determine who is going to have one when placing your bets on this month-long series.
In fact, the best way to determine the outright winner is by a process of elimination. The first to strike out is American celebrities. There have been over 40 American contestants on this show and just one, Gary Busey, proved successful. Similarly there has only been one non-white winner, Shilpa Shetty, in 2007.
Inelegance doesn’t work well either as borne out by Katie Hopkin’s remarkable defeat in January 2015. This immediately puts the early favourite, Shaun Williamson, under pressure. The former East Enders star is a previous winner of both Celebrity Mastermind and Celebrity Egg Heads.
The public have repeatedly showed their liking for funny and amusing characters – such as comedians Jack Dee, Julian Clary and Jim Davidson and Charlotte Crosby. Crosby hailed from MTV’s Geordie Shore program which has thrown up two winners of Celebrity Big Brother and also a brace of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here victors.
The most recent I’m a Celebrity winner was Scarlet Moffatt who hailed from Channel 4’s Gogglebox and there are some clear indicators that characters from that show are set to fare well in these types of gameshows moving forwards.
Sandi Bogle represents Gogglebox this time around, and while her claim to fame is simply watching a TV screen, it has to be said she has enjoyed more recent airtime than most, if not all, of the remaining summer 2017 CBB cast.
Another of interest at a whopping price is Jemma Lucy. Like Stephan Bear, the winner from 12 months ago, she is best known for her role in ‘Ex on the Beach’ and the heavily tattooed 28-year-old certainly gave viewers some laughs during her time on there.
Recommended Celebrity Big Brother Bets
Celebrity Big Brother Previous Winners
- March 2001 Jack Dee – Comedian
- November 2002 Mark Owen – Pop Star
- January 2005 Mark ‘Bez’ Berry – Rock Star
- January 2006 Chantelle Houghton – Non Celeb
- January 2007 Shilpa Shetty – Actress
- January 2009 Ulrika Jonsson – TV Presenter
- January 2010 Alex Reid – Cage Fighter
- August 2011 Paddy Doherty – Traveller/Reality TV
- January 2012 Denise Welch – Actress/Loose Women
- August 2012 Julian Clary – Comedian
- January 2013 Rylan Clark – X-Factor Reject
- August 2013 Charlotte Crosby – Geordie Shore
- January 2014 Jim Davidson – Comedian
- August 2014 Gary Busey – Actor
- January 2015 Katie Price – Model/Reality TV
- August 2015 James Hill – The Apprentice/Reality TV
- January 2016 Scotty T – Geordie Shore
- July 2016 Stephan Bear – Ex on the Beach
- January 2017 Coleen Noleen – Loose Women