Free tips Golf Betting: Justin Thomas in Good Shape to Challenge for US Masters Title
The 2021 US Masters golf begins on April 8th at the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
Last year’s US Masters was rescheduled for November, having been postponed from its usual start date in early April as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. With The Masters being the only major tournament to be held at the same course each year, it pays to look for players who have a decent track record at the event.
It also pays to look at those who have performed well at the The Players Championship, The Honda Classic, WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play and Valero Texas Open.
US Masters 2021 Betting Tips & Preview
Augusta is a course that favours big hitters, the best scramblers have a definite advantage and scoring well on the par fives can be a big factor.
The Augusta layout is such that many of the fairways have a natural dogleg from right to left, which can give an advantage to right-handed golfers.
Recommended US Masters 2021 Betting Tips
- Justin Thomas (each way) @ 11/1 with William Hill (1/5 odds for top 6)
- Collin Morikawa (each way) @ 25/1 with BetVictor (1/4 odds for top 5)
— The Masters (@TheMasters) April 7, 2021
Other Players to Consider
Dustin Johnson was the 2020 Masters champion and is the favourite to retain the title this year at odds of 8/1 with bet365*.
Johnson won his first-ever green jacket by finishing with a tournament record score of 20 under, so has to be seen as a definite contender. That said, only three players have ever managed to retain the title – Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods.
Among the leading challengers to Johnson are :
- Defending US Open champion Bryson DeChambeau at odds of 10/1 with Betway
- Justin Thomas at 11/1 with William Hill
- Jon Rahm can be backed at 12/1 with BoyleSports
- Jordan Spieth is 14/1 at 888sport
- Rory McIlroy is available at 14/1 with Betfair
- and Brooks Koepka and Xander Schauffele can both be backed at 22/1 with BoyleSports
Justin Thomas comes into the tournament in good shape after winning The Players Championship at Sawgrass and ticks a lot of boxes.
In terms of a value punt, Collin Morikawa could be worth a look at 25/1 with BetVictor. The 2020 PGA Championship made his Masters debut last year when he finished T-44. His iron play is well-suited to the Augusta course and he might be a decent each-way bet.
* US Masters 2021 betting tips odds were correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change.