Free tips World Darts 2020: World Championship Darts First Round Midweek Matches (Mon-Thurs)
The first round of the Word Championship is well underway and big name players have already started to fall. Rob Cross, the 2018 World Champion has gone and Raymond van Barneveld has made his final curtain call.
We take a look at the rest of the 1st and 2nd round matches this week and pick some more World Championship Darts Bets 2020 below.
While similarly big names may not make an early departure this week there could still be some short priced losers. The 1/10 about Ted Evetts (to beat Fallon Sherrock) and 1/8 Justin Pipe (vs Benjamin Pratnemer) are the two shortest priced propositions in action this week.
Jeffrey de Zwaan’s form is too dodgy to underrate Darin Young
It’s hard to pinpoint which odds-on shots to take on in our World Championship darts bets 2020 but America’s Darin Young may give Jeffrey de Zwaan something to think about despite being the 7/2 ‘dog’ in Tuesday night’s match. (10pm)
Young will be full of confidence after dispatching Raymond van Barneveld 3-0 in the 1st Round, while Jeffrey de Zwaan will be playing his first match in the competition and so we don’t have a handle on his current well-being.
Back ‘Big Daddy’ with a 1.5 Set Start
Since the start of May the young Dutch player Jeffrey De Zwaan has played in 36 competitions in all sorts of PDC tours (not just the pro tour) and only progressed to the quarter-finals of two (and the semi-final of a third).
That’s all uninspiring and so why not support Young to make a dent and back him with a +1.5 set start at bet365’s* odds of 13/8 (2.63).
Kyle Anderson too strong for veteran Steve Beaton
Kyle Anderson may have been underwhelming in Sunday’s opening round, scrambling over the line against a little-known Chinese player but he should never be PDC darts odds 10/11 (1.91) at William Hill against the ageing Steve Beaton on Thursday night.
Firstly he can raise his game and secondly the Australian has won four of their last five meetings by dominant score-lines (including 3-0 at this stage of the 2014 World Championship) so he will be the second of our World Championship darts bets 2020.
World Championship Darts Bets 2020:
– Darin Young (+1.5 sets) to beat Jeffrey de Zwaan at 13/8 with bet365* (10pm, Tues)
– Kyle Anderson to beat Steve Beaton at 10/11 with William Hill (3.30pm, Thursday)
Here’s how the mid-week action is scheduled unfold…
Monday December 16th (7pm start)
- Steve Lennon v Callan Rydz (first round)
- William O’Connor v Marko Kantele (first round)
- Vincent van der Voort v Keane Barry (first round)
- Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan (second round)
Tuesday December 17th (12.30pm start)
- Ryan Searle v Robbie King (first round)
- Cristo Reyes v Lourence Ilagan (first round)
- Rowby-John Rodriguez v Noel Malicdem (first round)
- Krzysztof Ratajski v Zoran Lerchbacher (second round)
Tuesday December 17th (7pm start)
- Ritchie Edhouse v Boris Koltsov (first round)
- Jose De Sousa v Damon Heta (first round)
- Ted Evetts v Fallon Sherrock (first round)
- Jeffrey de Zwaan v Darin Young (second round)
Wednesday December 18th (12.30pm start)
- Ron Meulenkamp v Ben Robb (first round)
- Mickey Mansell v Seigo Asada (first round)
- Harry Ward v Madars Razma (first round)
- Stephen Bunting v Jose Justicia (second round)
Wednesday December 18th (7.30pm start)
- James Wilson v Nico Kurz (first round)
- Josh Payne v Diogo Portela (first round)
- Gabriel Clemens v Benito van de Pas (first round)
- James Wade v Edhouse/Koltsov (second round)
Thursday December 19th (12.30pm start)
- Justin Pipe v Benjamin Pratnemer (first round)
- Ryan Joyce v Jan Dekker (first round)
- John Henderson v James Richardson (second round)
- Steve Beaton v Kyle Anderson (second round)
* PDC darts odds correct at the time of writing
Image credits – Lawrence Lustig / PDC