Free tips Darts Betting Preview: World Grand Prix Darts Predictions & Tips 2019
2019 World Grand Prix Darts Betting Preview
The schedule of play has been released for the BoyleSports sponsored World Grand Prix Darts which takes place at its spiritual home, the Citywest Hotel complex in Dublin between October 6th and October 12th. This tournament, the only top-level competition which requires to throw a double ‘in’ as well as finishing on a double, is once again televised live in its entirety on SKY Sports.
Who wins? @MVG180 👊 takes on @RobCross180 ⚡ in the Irish Slang Quiz ahead of the BoyleSports World Grand Prix, October 6th – 12th in Dublin! @officialPDC @citywesthotel #lovethedarts #worldgrandprix #darts pic.twitter.com/B2oEv7A3AZ
— BoyleSports (@BoyleSports) October 1, 2019
Is the 9/4 short-priced acca nailed on?
The opening night of play sees defending champion Michael van Gerwen and former world champion Gary Anderson headline proceedings in a bumper night of action. Mighty Mike will take on debutant and Czech Darts Open champion Jamie Hughes. Anderson is set to tackle on Keegan Brown. James ‘the Machine’ Wade and Michael ‘Bully Boy’ Smith are the other big-name players involved on opening night action. They will play John Henderson and Simon Whitlock respectively.
If you fancy playing the short-priced accumulator on these seemingly good things the darts betting odds are as follows:
- Michael van Gerwen 1/6
- Gary Anderson 1/3
- James Wade 2/5
- and Michael Smith 1/2
So the accumulator works out at 9/4 (3.25) depending on where you bet. Bet365 traditionally offer a lot of darting value.
World Grand Prix Darts Betting Odds
- 7/4 Michael van Gerwen (Boylesports)
- 10/1 Gary Anderson (William Hill)
- 10/1 Rob Cross (BetVictor)
- 10/1 Peter Wright (bet365*)
- 14/1 Gerwyn Price (Betway)
- 18/1 Daryl Gurney (SpreadEx)
- 25/1 Mensur Suljovic (Coral)
- 25/1 Glen Durrant (Betfred)
- 25/1 Nathan Aspinall (Betway)
- 25/1 Michael Smith (SpreadEx)
- 28/1 James Wade (SpreadEx)
- 33/1 Ian White (Betfair)
- 40/1 Dave Chisnall (Betway)
- 66/1 bar
Video: Who will master the doubling in Dublin?
Competitive Monday action
On Monday there is one match which is top-tier and sees two major names go head-to-head. That’s Rob Cross versus Mensur Suljovic and it’s Cross who just holds the mantle of favourite at 8/11.
Peter Wright against Max Hopp gets the pimp-slot and closes the evening’s proceedings. ‘Snakebite’ Wright is 1/3 to see off his young German rival.
On the same card Northern Ireland’s Daryl Gurney will be popular and all eyes will be on the exciting and volatile Gerwyn Price who is 8/11 to beat a resurgent Dave Chisnall.
In the outright betting if you shop around you can get ‘10/1 bar one’. As usual Michael van Gerwen is a short-priced competition favourite (7/4 at Boylesports) but BetVictor are out on a limb going 10/1 about Gary Anderson and they are also offering 10/1 about Rob Cross. More freely available is the 10/1 about Peter Wright and it is 14/1 Gerwyn Price (Betway) and 18/1 Daryl Gurney (SpreadEx) thereafter.
Schedule of Play
Sunday October 6th
- Ricky Evans v Chris Dobey
- Mervyn King v Dimitri Van den Bergh
- Joe Cullen v Ian White
- Jeffrey de Zwaan v Steve Beaton
- James Wade v John Henderson
- Michael Smith v Simon Whitlock
- Michael van Gerwen v Jamie Hughes
- Gary Anderson v Keegan Brown
Monday October 7th
- Stephen Bunting v Jonny Clayton
- Vincent van der Voort v Nathan Aspinall
- Adrian Lewis v Jermaine Wattimena
- Glen Durrant v Krzysztof Ratajski
- Daryl Gurney v Danny Noppert
- Gerwyn Price v Dave Chisnall
- Rob Cross v Mensur Suljovic
- Peter Wright v Max Hopp
* World Grand Prix betting odds quoted correct at the time of writing