Free tips World Snooker 2021 Predictions, Odds & Betting Tips – Qualifiers Can Go Well at The Crucible
Sunday 18th April Update:
Our outright betting pick Neil Robertson (4/1 at bet365*) cruised through to the second round beating Liang Wenbo 10-3. The Aussie looks relaxed and confident (even with his wild hairdo), so hopefully we’ll get a run for our money. He will play Ali Carter or Jack Lisowski next.
And we’ve already landed a nice winner with a first round pick Jamie Jones (13/8) easily dispatching Stephen Maguire 10-4.
On Monday morning at 10am our next 1st round pick Gary Wilson goes up against his namesake Kyren Wilson as the 3/1 underdog.
Other 1st Round Results:
- Ronnie O’Sullivan 10-4 Mark Joyce
- Yan Bingtao 10-6 Martin Gould
- Dave Gilbert 10-4 Chris Wakelin
The 2021 World Snooker qualifiers are over and the draw has been made (see below) – we’re all set to make our World Snooker 2021 predictions for the outright snooker betting and the first round matches which get underway on Saturday (17 April). Where’s your money going?
Starts 10am, Saturday 17th April.
World Snooker 2021 Odds
- 11/4 Judd Trump
- 4/1 Ronnie O’Sullivan
- 11/2 Neil Robertson
- 8/1 Mark Selby
- 10/1 John Higgins
- 22/1 Kyren Wilson
- 25/1 Yan Bingtao
- 25/1 Mark Allen
- 33/1 Barry Hawkins
- 40/1 Ding Junhui
- 40/1 Shaun Murphy
- 50/1 Stuart Bingham
- 66/1 Mark Williams
- 80/1 Stephen Maguire
- 80/1 Ali Carter
- 100/1 Dave Gilbert
- 100/1 Anthony McGill
- 150/1 Kurt Maflin
- 150/1 Martin Gould
- 250/1 Matthew Selt
- 250/1 Ricky Walden
- 250/1 Liang Wenbo
- 300/1 Jamie Jones
- 300/1 Sam Craigie
- 300/1 Tian Pengfei
- 300/1 Lyu Haotian
- 500/1 Chris Wakelin
- 750/1 Mark Joyce
- 800/1 Mark Davis
- 1000/1 Liam Highfield
World Snooker 2021 First Round Picks
Ranked 69 in the world, Jamie Jones is the least known of the qualifiers. He has had to win three matches to book his appointment with Stephen Maguire in the first round of the championships. Along the way he has registered five 100+ breaks so he should not be dismissed easily.
World number 32 Matthew Selt has also qualified. He had to win two matches (16 frames in total) to do so. As reward he is playing Barry Hawkins in the first round. Given Selt registered six 100+ breaks in those 16 frames and he was previously in the world’s top-20, he’s another qualifier who may be able to beat a top-16 ranked player who has automatically been placed in the main draw.
World Snooker 2021 Draw
- Ronnie O’Sullivan (England) (1) v Mark Joyce
- Anthony McGill (Scotland) (16) v Ricky Walden
- Neil Robertson (Australia) (3) v Liang Wenbo
- Jack Lisowski (England) (14) v Ali Carter
- Barry Hawkins (England) (11) v Matthew Selt
- Kyren Wilson (England) (16) v Gary Wilson
- John Higgins (Scotland) (5) v Tian Pengfei
- Mark Williams (Wales) (12) v Sam Craigie
- Mark Allen (England) (13) v Lyu Haotian
- Mark Selby (England) (4) v Kurt Maflin
- Shaun Murphy (England) (7) v Mark Davis
- Yan Bingtao (China) (10) v Martin Gould
- Ding Junhui (China) (7) v Stuart Bingham
- Stephen Maguire (Scotland) (8) v Jamie Jones
- David Gilbert (England) (15) v Chris Wakelin
- Judd Trump (England) (2) v Liam Highfield
Gary Wilson has Crucible Form
Gary Wilson is a third qualifier that we really like.
He’s No. 22 in the world but almost breached the hallowed top-16 a year ago. A semi-finalist in this competition in 2019, he knows how to win at the Crucible and faces Kyren Wilson in a first-round match scheduled for April 19th.
So why are we so keen on qualifiers and expect them to beat higher ranked opponents?
Put simply the history books show a top-16 ranking is no guarantee of success. In 2020 11 of the sixteen seeded players made it through the first round. 12 did in 2019, ten did in 2018, 12 in 2017 and only nine in 2016.
While a higher ranking means any player is the odds-on match favourite by default, they only win in their turn.
Recommended First Round Snooker Bets:
April 17th & 18th:
- Jamie Jones to beat Stephen Maguire at 13/8 (2.63) with bet365*
- Gary Wilson to beat Kyren Wilson at 14/5 (3.80) with SpreadEx
April 20th & 21st:
- Matthew Selt to beat Barry Hawkins at 23/10 (3.30) with Boylesports
Neil Robertson the Outright Fancy
As for the final destination of the prize, Neil Robertson is our pick of the World Snooker betting outright odds.
The Australian is in the bottom half of the draw which has a remarkable 13 English players in it. He meets China’s Liang Wenbo in the first round. This pair last met in this competition at this ‘final 32’ stage last season with the Aussie winning 10-5.
Since then Robertson has been in brilliant form winning two of the nine ranking competitions he has contested – that includes the most recent Tour Championship in late March where he beat Ronnie O’Sullivan 10-4 in the final.
The best form is the most recent form in snooker and with him dismissing Mark Selby 10-3 in the previous round of the Tour Championship, World No.3 Robertson is red-hot.
Outright Snooker Betting Tip:
Neil Robertson to win at 4/1 with Unibet
* World Snooker 2021 odds correct at the time of writing. All odds are subject to change. 18+ Please bet responsibly. #BeGambleAware