High-Profile Opening Night Confirmed as 2021 Unibet Premier League Darts Fixtures Released
The opening nine nights of the 2021 Premier League season will be staged in Milton Keynes from April 5-9 and April 19-22, with the ten players facing each other once in the first half of the season.
The bottom two players will be eliminated following Judgement Night on April 22, with details of the second half of the season – featuring seven further league nights and the Play-Offs, comprising the top four players – to be made in due course.
Cracking Start on Easter Monday
The 2021 season will begin with a high-profile night of action on Easter Monday, opening with a repeat of the 2020 decider between reigning champion Durrant and Aspinall.
World Champion Price will face two-time Premier League winner Anderson as they meet on the big stage for the first time since the Welshman took victory at Alexandra Palace on January 3.
Five-time Premier League winner Michael van Gerwen opens up against Dimitri Van den Bergh, the World Matchplay champion who is competing in his debut season.
Former Premier League finalists Peter Wright and Rob Cross come up against debutants Jonny Clayton and Jose de Sousa respectively as the 2021 Masters and 2020 Grand Slam of Darts winners begin their Premier League journeys.
Van Gerwen and Wright face off in the headline tie on Night Two, while former World Cup team-mates Wright and Anderson meet on Night Three.
The world’s top two players clash on Night Four as Price takes on Van Gerwen, and Night Five sees the World Champion take on the Premier League champion when Price plays Durrant.
The event will resume on Monday April 19, with ties including the meeting of the only two players in this year’s event to have previously topped the league table, as Durrant meets Van Gerwen.
Night Seven sees Wright take on Price before Night Eight includes a repeat of the 2020 World Matchplay final between Van den Bergh and Anderson and the all-Welsh meeting between Price and Clayton.
Judgement Night sees the players competing in their ninth league match before the bottom two are eliminated – with ties including Price against Van den Bergh, Aspinall playing Anderson, De Sousa facing Wright, Durrant taking on Cross and Clayton’s clash with Van Gerwen.
How to watch Premier League Darts?
The Unibet Premier League will begin at 19:00 BST on each night, with worldwide coverage through the PDC’s broadcast partners including Sky Sports, RTL7, DAZN and for PDCTV.
Subscribers outside of the UK, Ireland & Netherlands via video.pdc.tv.
2021 Unibet Premier League
Night One – Monday April 5
- Nathan Aspinall v Glen Durrant
- Rob Cross v Jose de Sousa
- Peter Wright v Jonny Clayton
- Gerwyn Price v Gary Anderson
- Michael van Gerwen v Dimitri Van den Bergh
Night Two – Tuesday April 6
- Gary Anderson v Jose de Sousa
- Jonny Clayton v Glen Durrant
- Dimitri Van den Bergh v Nathan Aspinall
- Michael van Gerwen v Peter Wright
- Gerwyn Price v Rob Cross
Night Three – Wednesday April 7
- Rob Cross v Michael van Gerwen
- Glen Durrant v Dimitri Van den Bergh
- Peter Wright v Gary Anderson
- Nathan Aspinall v Gerwyn Price
- Jose de Sousa v Jonny Clayton
Night Four – Thursday April 8
- Dimitri Van den Bergh v Peter Wright
- Jonny Clayton v Rob Cross
- Jose de Sousa v Nathan Aspinall
- Gerwyn Price v Michael van Gerwen
- Gary Anderson v Glen Durrant
Night Five – Friday April 9
- Gary Anderson v Jonny Clayton
- Peter Wright v Rob Cross
- Michael van Gerwen v Nathan Aspinall
- Gerwyn Price v Glen Durrant
- Dimitri Van den Bergh v Jose de Sousa
Night Six – Monday April 19
- Rob Cross v Gary Anderson
- Jose de Sousa v Gerwyn Price
- Jonny Clayton v Dimitri Van den Bergh
- Glen Durrant v Michael van Gerwen
- Nathan Aspinall v Peter Wright
Night Seven – Tuesday April 20
- Glen Durrant v Jose de Sousa
- Rob Cross v Dimitri Van den Bergh
- Nathan Aspinall v Jonny Clayton
- Peter Wright v Gerwyn Price
- Michael van Gerwen v Gary Anderson
Night Eight – Wednesday April 21
- Rob Cross v Nathan Aspinall
- Gary Anderson v Dimitri Van den Bergh
- Michael van Gerwen v Jose de Sousa
- Gerwyn Price v Jonny Clayton
- Peter Wright v Glen Durrant
Judgement Night – Thursday April 22
- Jonny Clayton v Michael van Gerwen
- Glen Durrant v Rob Cross
- Jose de Sousa v Peter Wright
- Nathan Aspinall v Gary Anderson
- Dimitri Van den Bergh v Gerwyn Price
Premier League Darts Format
The opening nine nights will see the ten players face each other once in the round-robin phase. Games will be the best of 12 legs – first to seven, or a six-all draw. Players receive two points for a win and one point for a draw.