For the vast majority of people, betting is fun past time just like any other form of entertainment and leisure pursuit, but for some it can spiral out of control and become an addiction.
We want you to enjoy your online gaming experiences without getting into difficulties and therefore we only recommend operators that have a responsible gaming policy and also share our mission to help and protect people from gambling addiction.
Remember to bet only what you can afford to lose. Here are some general guidelines to follow that will help you avoid problems:
You must be of legal age to place a bet. (18 in the UK)
- Set yourself a betting budget
- Don’t try to recoup any losses as quickly as possible (“chasing”)
- Also set limits on the amount of time you spend gambling
- Take regular breaks from gambling, even when winning
- Remember betting should be a fun hobby, not a ‘get rich quick’ solution. If the fun stops, stop!
If you feel that you need help with your gambling activities we recommend you familiarise yourself with the following web sites who offer free, impartial advice: